Welcome to Des Moines Valley Friends Meeting
Des Moines Valley Friends Meeting is a faith community rooted in the principles of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). We believe that all people have within them the Inner Light of the Divine. We seek to create and support communities where Quaker testimonies of peace, equality, simplicity, integrity and community can flourish. We strive to create a world of social, economic, racial and gender equality. We believe that every person is loved by the Divine Spirit.
We welcome you to join us for Meeting for Worship and to join us for fellowship and refreshments after meeting. Feel free to speak to anyone, and to ask any questions you have. We also welcome you to stay for Second Hour.
From Ministry and Counsel: Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have been having worship and other activities on Zoom. Overall, we are pleased with the experience. While virtual meetings lack the intimacy of person-to-person exchanges, it has been a pleasant surprise how rich our sharing of joys and concerns after worship has been. Being on Zoom has allowed Friends from a distance to join us. First Day school is also being offered virtually.
Friends, as more people are vaccinated, and in accordance with current CDC guidelines, we are starting to meet in person for Meeting for Worship.
FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR COMMUNITY WE HAVE THE FOLLOWING PRECAUTIONS CURRENTLY IN PLACE
- A face covering is required at all times. We can provide a mask if you don’t have one.
- Sign in upon entering the meetinghouse. This is to provide contact information in the event that there has been an exposure to COVID-19. It will not be saved long term.
- Please social distance. Chairs are arranged in small groupings at least six feet apart. Sit only with members of your immediate household.
- Hand sanitizer is available for your convenience.
- Our gathering places and restrooms are sanitized before and after meeting.
- We recommend full vaccination before in-person meeting.